1800 Store Street (wheelchair accessible)
3-18 December 2022
Open daily 10am-6pm
The holidays are around the corner … and the VAC is excited to welcome back our LITTLE GEMS holiday show + sale! This year we are proud to welcome 100 artists from this creative community to exhibit their small works.
All VAC members are encouraged to participate in this non-juried opportunity.
We are looking for original works of art, craft, cards.
This is a non-juried show+sale… you decide what you want to include!
The VAC will be open daily during this special annual members event, and we will be seeking volunteers to help with installation, gallery-sitting, wrapping, and clean up.
The volunteer schedule is now online: https://signup.com/go/tqmQyWa
and you can always email if you know you’ll be able to help out this year: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line LITTLE GEMS VOLUNTEER 2022
- Online registration for Little Gems 2022 will begin 1 November 2022
- Open to VAC members only, so be sure to renew your membership | https://vicartscouncil.ca/support/membership/
- Artwork delivery will take place Monday 28 November and Tuesday 29 November from 10am to 6pm [no earlier / no later]
- All artwork MUST be labeled with: Artist Name; Title of Work; Medium; Price
[artworks not labeled completely will not be accepted, no exceptions]
- As this is a fundraiser for the VAC, there is a $50.00 administrative fee to participate in this show + sale. If this fee presents a barrier to participation, please contact us to discuss an alternative. Alternatively, if you are in the position to SPONSOR AN ARTIST, please let us know and we will make the arrangements.
- Maximum price of $500 per artwork [artworks can be NFS if so desired]
- VAC Members are encouraged to bring in up to 3 works presentation-ready
[no larger than 24 x 24 inches for 2-D works and 24 x 24 x 24 inches for 3-D works]
- Greeting Cards accepted individually or in packages, must be priced as marked, and do not count as one of the 3 entries
- Once a work is sold, the artist will have the opportunity to replenish if they so desire
- Standard 25% commission to VAC | Payment to artists for sold work will take place by end of January 2023
- Pick-up of unsold work must take place Sunday 18 December between 3PM and 5PM [any remaining artwork will be subject to storage fees: $10 per day per item. NB: VAC gallery and offices will be closed from 19 December 2021 – 10 January 2022.]