Call to Artists!
Imagine a gender equal world.
A world free of bias, stereotypes, and discrimination.
A world that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive.
A world where difference is valued and celebrated.
Together we can forge equality for all of our sisters*.
Collectively we can all #BreakTheBias.
The Victoria Arts Council in partnership with CineVic are looking for film and video works to screen on 8 March 2022 as part of International Women’s Day at The Blue Bridge Theatre.
Submitted works may be fiction, documentary, animation, experimental, or any other genre, 10 minutes maximum running time. Artists should currently be living and working in the Vancouver Island / Gulf Islands area, though submissions from other regions may be considered.
*This opportunity is open to cisgender women, trans women, non-binary people, gender queers, and other artists who identify with the theme.
The work will be juried by:
- Sonya Chwyl, local artist/filmmaker and member of CineVic’s board of directors
- Silvia Mague, founder of Kulea Cultural Society
- Lisa Helps, Mayor of Victoria
Submissions must include:
• Two high-resolution still images from the work
• One high-resolution Director’s headshot photo of the Director/creator
• Brief synopsis of the story/content
• Exhibition copy of the film/video artwork, preferably in MP4 format
Submit the the above items by 21 January 2022 to: email@example.com
This event will follow the (S)Hero presentation by Kulea Cultural Society:
Each year Kulea Culture Society produces a special event for the International Women’s Day, entitled “Who is Your Shero?” Guest speakers/presenters and performers contribute to this event with their stories and creative works. It is a celebration of the intellectual, creative and caring contribution of women from different cultures and walks of life. More info: https://kuleaculturesociety.org/event/international-womens-day/