Location: 1640 Electra Boulevard, Sidney BC, V8L 5V4
Hours: Daily, 3:30am – 1:30am
Please note — The venue at the Victoria International Airport is the Tim Horton’s café area.
- This area is in passenger check-in area, on walls of seating area beside and behind the café area.
- Hanging rail and cable system. There is a total of 80′ (24.4 metres) of hanging rail. The hanging rail is 9′ (3 metres) above the floor.
- Paintings up to 3 feet (1 m) in height are suitable and allow enough clearance above seated patrons in this area.
- Airport provides ladder and cables with locking hangers.
- Suitable for 2-D artwork only which is shared by 3 individual artists or a small group of artists.
- Each exhibiting artist is assigned SIX hanging rails each (six works max each)
- Exhibitions run for three months.
- Typically three individual artists or a small group are displayed in the café area.
- All art works are subject to approval for a family-friendly, culturally diverse facility.
- Artists must sign a standard contract before installation of the show.
- Artists are expected to assist with the hang and strike of their show, under guidance by VAC personnel.
- 20% commission on all sales payable to VAC. The Victoria International Airport does not collect a commission.
- Set-up and strike is on a predetermined dates.
- Artwork must be delivered to and picked up from the airport by artists.
- The gallery has a cable and hook hanging system.
- Artists must attach wire on the back of their works as close to the top as possible to avoid work falling forward when hanging.
- Artists will assist in hanging works.
- Labels are NOT required, the Airport staff prepare a list of all artworks on display. Please have information available on title of work, medium, size, and contact information. Prices cannot be displayed.
- VAC will promote exhibition through our email newsletter, website, and social media.
- Artists are required to provide a list of titles, prices & contact info, medium, and title of work. No prices will be displayed.
- Artists are expected to provide two photos of their work (jpegs & PDF) and an artist statement for VAC promotion.
Sale of Artwork
- All sales are the responsibility of the artist, so be sure to include your contact information on labels.
- Artist contact information is included in the display, but prices are not.
- Artwork may not be removed prior to the strike of the show.
Please email us at email@example.com if you would like to book this venue, or if you have any questions.